Sunday, May 14, 2006

Reinventing Pink

Haven't slept or eaten much of anything in almost 14 days.
Went to Wreck beach today and laid my pain down in the sun.
Of course, that beach made me think of Him
Surrounded by friends I lay still and didn't die.
That's gotta count for something.
Wept at the Centre this morning.
Jen's hand on my back willed me to Let Go and Wail
I could not
Make that kind of spectacle.
Looked Up through tears and all this Love stared back.
Leora winked at me as she sang.
John's steady stare softened the sting.
Ruth's email later that day declaring that I, Krista,
Have Reinvented Pink.
Chip telling me to breathe.
My mother, on Mother's Day, being a Mom.
My Doctor friend wanting to help,
To Prescribe me sleeping pills.
Her brother
Once a sullen teen
A Man telling me that I looked good.
Taking the stairs
Home again
Liking the physical pain of the climb
Hardly noticing as I wondered what He was doing
Giving Him my power
Trying to forgive myself for it.
Meeting 22 year olds who have looked
Cancer in the face
Watching how they embrace life
Stomache cramping
Wishing for a miracle
Hoping for a miracle
Waiting for a miracle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home